Monday, March 17, 2014

My Diary

17/03/99

Waking up to hear the sounds of the mortar firing across the south africans rough trek at 6 o’clock in the morning. “Man down” Shouted the commissioner. The horses fleeing for their lives. The temperature changed all of a sudden when I woke up, it was freezing cold, then when I woke up it changed to burning hot. It was because of such a fright I got.

Standing up off the rough trek I just slept on had made my back feel like a leech had sucked the life out of it, walking around made my feet twist and I fell to the ground. I took off my boot and sock, to find myself I had trench foot. My foot had saturated and had blisters all over.

The only things that could relax me from all the pain, was food. But the only food in my backpack was hard army biscuits, bully beef and water.

Commissionor Wyatt and My Cavalry Major The 2nd

No comments:

Post a Comment